Lt Colonel Fighting Jack Churchill, aka Mad Jack
- fought throughout WW2 with a longbow and a broadsword
- was also known to bring bagpipes
- he volunteered for the Commandos, not because he knew what they did but “because it sounds dangerous”
- he crawled out of a concentration camp
- about the end of WW2, he commented “If it wasn’t for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years.”
- atta boy
How to be batshit with a load of epic.
this is probably the fifth time i’ve reblogged this but it’s just too awesome not to.
Everytime I see this I reblog it. Jack Churchill is my hero.
A little off topic, but Operator as fuck nonetheless.
COP .357 Derringer
Designed as a backup weapon for police officers (Compact Off-Duty Police), the COP Derringer was chambered in .357 Magnum which means it can handle .38 Special as well. However, it had a terrible trigger, was extremely heavy for a backup (2 lbs) and expensive. Although it has four barrels, each pull of the trigger only activates one barrel. Having all four barrels loaded with heavy .357 Magnum rounds and going off at the same time would be rather unpleasant to the wrist. (GRH)
Which of these #BadSummerJobs is the baddest? Watch tonight’s new @midnight and find out!
@MIDNIGHT’S INTERNETTY INTERNET THINGS (FROM THE INTERNET)!
Here’s some of the great stuff we found on the internet today that didn’t make it onto tonight’s show. Get your click on.
Notebook made of onion compounds is supposed to make you cry. Also ideal for stand-up comedy open mic-ers. (via Design Taxi)
Every Batman mask is in one GIF. Including the one he bought at a thrift store for a party that one time. (via Kotaku)
Toasters can now burn your selfie into toast with a plasma torch. Careful there’s no bathroom mirror lens flare or they’ll explode. (via Mashable)
The Roberts family knew they had to put their beloved dog, Duke, to sleep after the cancer began to take over his body. So, they decided to make his final day on Earth his most special.
This made me fucking cry.
Pass this on Tumblr
This is actually pretty important
very important information
Obit of the Day: 1st Marine Corps Officer of Asian Descent
When Kurt Chew-Een Lee decided he wanted to enlist in the Marine Corps in 1944, his friends and family tried to dissuade the 18-year-old from joining what many consider to be the most strenuous branch of the U.S. military. But Mr. Lee could not be stopped, something the world would soon learn.
Commissioned as a lieutenant, the first officer of Asian descent in the Marines, Mr. Lee had to fight for the respect he deserved. Short of stature (only 5’6”) and the son of Chinese immigrants he faced prejudice throughout his career in the Corps. It was his actions on the battlefield that eventually forced his subordinates and peers to see him for the Marine that he was.
On November 2 and 3, 1950, Lt. Lee showed extreme courage under fire, venturing out on his own in the middle of the night to face Chinese and Korean troops. Speaking Mandarin to confuse the enemy, Lt. Lee used his rifle and grenades to force the opposition soldiers to flee. During the fight he was shot in the knee and took a sniper’s bullet to the shoulder. His bravery earned him the Navy Cross, the Marine Corps’ second-highest honor.
A month later, having returned to his platoon without permission and his arm still in a cast, Lt. Lee led 500 troops through a blizzard in -20°F (-29°C) temperatures up a mountain to provide relief for 8000 Marines trapped by 60,000 Chinese troops on Fox Hill. Known as the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, Lt. Lee’s men surprised the enemy forcing them to flee Fox Hill and ensuring the escape of the trapped Marines. This time, Lt. Lee would be awarded a Silver Star for his actions in battle.
Note: Major Lee’s heroism was a focus of the 2010 Smithsonian Channel documentary, Uncommon Courage: Breakout at Chosin.
About a week after Chosin Reservoir, Lt. Lee was wounded a third time and he was sent some to the U.S. to recover. While home he was promoted to captain.
During the Vietnam War, Capt. Lee served as a training instructor at The Basic School from 1962-1965. In 1963 he was promoted to major, the rank at which he would retire from the Corps in 1968.
Major Kurt Chew-Een Lee died on March 3, 2014 at the age of 88.
(Image of Major Kurt Chew-Een Lee is copyright H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY and courtesy of USA Today)
Also of interest:
General Vincente Blaz - The 1st person of color to reach the rank of general in the US Marine Corps
General Margaret Brewer - The 1st woman to reach the rank of general in the USMC
Colonel “Lee” Meyer - Served in the Marine Corps for 50 years.
In honour of the best animal on the planet (and my favourite!!) THE COW
20 things you didn’t know about cows
1. Domestic cows are descendants of wild oxen known as aurochs, and they were first domesticated in southeast Turkey around 10,500 years ago. From the original 80 progenitors, an estimated 1.3 billion cattle exist today.2. When scientists mapped out the bovine genome in 2009, they discovered that cattle have about 22,000 genes; 80 percent of their genes are shared with humans.3. The word “cattle” comes from the Old French “chatel,” as in chattel, meaning property. In many parts of the world, cattle remain an indicator of economic wealth.4. Female cattle are called cows; male cattle are called bulls. Generally in the English language we have a single word that we can use to refer to both the male or female of a species — like cat or dog. But cows are unique in that we don’t have a singular noun that refers equally to an adult cow or a bull; we just have cattle, which is plural. That said, in colloquial usage cattle are often referred to as cows, like in some of the references here.5. Cows spend 10 to 12 hours a day lying down.6. The average sleep time of a domestic cow is about four hours a day; unlike horses, they don’t sleep standing up.7. Drunken rural carousers swear by their stories of tipping over cows in the middle of the night, but most experts assert that there’s more urban myth going on than actual tipping. A 2005 study at the University of British Columbia concluded that tipping a cow would require an exertion of 2,910 newtons of force; meaning that a 4’7” cow pushed at an angle of 23.4 degrees relative to the ground would require the equivalent strength of 4.43 people to tip the poor thing over.8. A dairy cow that is milking consumes around 100 pounds of feed each day.9. When cows digest food, fermentation results in a large amount of methane; cattle produce 250 to 500 liters (and by some accounts, up to 1,000 liters) of the gas per day.10. According to Stanford University, livestock account for anywhere between 18 and 51 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions measured in CO2 equivalent.11. There are about 350 udder squirts in a gallon of milk.12. Researchers have found that if you name a cow and treat her as an individual, she will produce almost 500 more pints of milk a year.13. A German study found that cows tend to face either magnetic north or south when grazing or resting, regardless of the sun’s position or the wind’s direction. The study’s author says that magnetic compass orientation has been relatively under-studied in mammals; why cows use it remains a mystery.14. Cattle have almost 300 degrees of vision, with blind spots only right in front of and behind them.15. Cows have favorite friends and become stressed when they are separated. In a study measuring isolation, heart rates and cortisol levels, researcher Krista McLennan concluded that, “When heifers have their preferred partner with them, their stress levels in terms of their heart rates are reduced compared with if they were with a random individual.”16. Cattle are unable to see the color red; the red flags used by matadors only catch a bull’s attention because of the movement.17. Cows can have regional accents. After a group of dairy farmers noticed their cows had different moos, language specialists determined that, “In small populations such as herds you would encounter identifiable dialectical variations which are most affected by the immediate peer group.”18. Cows have an excellent sense of smell and can detect odors up to six miles away.19. Hindu nations believe that cows are holy and there are strict laws to protect them. The toughest come from the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, where anyone convicted of killing a cow or taking it somewhere to be killed can be jailed for up to seven years.20. The world’s most expensive cow, Missy, brought in $1.2 million at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in 2009.all facts from MNNAnd every single cow picture is of a happy, rescued cow that will live out his or her life in peace at farm sanctuary
PLEASE Share this!!!
WRITTEN BY A COP: Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life. In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation… This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, & everyone you know. After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,
DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you… Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON’T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE..
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat:
DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware:look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor ,
and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women
are attempting to get into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then,
it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late
and she thought it was weird.. The police told her ‘Whatever you do, DO NOT
open the door..’ The lady then said that it sounded like the baby
had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way,
whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’ He told her that they think a serial killer
has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors! Please pass this on
This post should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on America ‘s Most Wanted when they profiled
the serial killer in Louisiana
I’d like you to forward this to all the women you know.
It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle..
I was going to send this to the ladies only,
but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc.,
you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know that may need
to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it
and it’s better to be safe than sorry..
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or
a loved one’s life.
I’m putting this to all my followers not just female…
Be safe everyone
Signal boosting this shit. I know that I have like, ten people following this blog, but some of you have shit tons of people following your’s. Spread this like wildfire.